1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Went to a wedding on a beach, consoled my Mum after my brother came out and my Dad wasn't taking it well, moved in with a boy (technically, he moved in with me but same diff :P), saw my brother kiss another guy, got made redundant, learned a little about wine, drove a car in America and probably a lot of other things. It was an eventful year :P
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did keep the resolution about writing things down. My diary is very useful. Not sure about saying no to people. I said yes and then subcontracted the obligation recently so I'm getting closer! My new years resolution this year is to keep in contact with my Grandma more. So far, so good :D
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Again, a few people. Two of my semi-good friends have had girls. One is not taking to motherhood very easily, the other like a duck to water.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit? America, Florida to be exact.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? An engagement ring lol
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 17th September, seeing one of my best friends get married on the beach in Florida. Probably the best day of my year :D
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Staying strong when I didn't feel it.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not supporting my brother enough. I was there, but I could probably have been there more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Actually, no! Best health I've been in for ages :P
11. What was the best thing you bought? My holiday to America.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My Mum, for accepting my brother for who he is and welcoming his boyfriend into the family with open arms. She's been amazing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My previous employers for making me redundant, although that worked out for the best in the end. My Dad in a way, for ignoring the elephant in the room.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, food, my holiday and days out. All worth it :D I've actually started saving money again now Phil's moved in.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going on holiday
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Alejandro - Lady Gaga. Some crazy American lady who worked at Universal Studios was singing it :P
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
* happier or sadder? Happier
* thinner or fatter? Fatter :P Wish I could lose this pesky half stone
* richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise, relaxing
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent Christmas with my family and then spent as much time as possible with Phil, same as last year.
21. How many one-night stands? None.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Dexter, Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, Cougar Town
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't have the time or energy to hate anyone
24. What was the best book you read? Read so many... can't decide!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Paramore
26. What did you want and get? A new phone - Motorola Flipout :D
27. What did you want and not get? An engagement ring :P
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Harry Potter 7
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 27 and I went for a walk around Virginia Water taking photos with my new camera. I had the whole week off though and in the week went to the beach (even though it was November!) to see my friend and her baby.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I'm not sure...
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Cheap clothing that fits OK, same as last year ;)
32. What kept you sane? I still don't claim to be sane
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Joaquin Phoenix
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I live in a box and try to avoid political issues. I know this is stupid but I have trouble keeping up with my own small issues, let alone global ones
35. Who did you miss? My granddad, friends I don't see enough any more
36. Who was the best new person you met? Matt, Amrit and James - All from my new job :D
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. I still love this quote. I think I re-learn it on a regular basis.
38. Quote a song that sums up your year: Get Happy - Judy Garland